Saturday, August 11, 2007

Come and Gone

The mail finally came on Thursday and by Friday morning I had finished watching disc 2 of season 2 of Grey's Anatomy. Husband had to work late on Thursday night so I had plenty of time to watch all 5 episodes. By Friday morning, I had packaged up the disc to put in the mail. Then, over the course of Friday night and Saturday morning, husband and I had finished watching all 4 episodes on the Firefly disc, and it was picked up today. It's amazing how much I look forward to receiving the episodes in the mail, but after I watch them, I have no desire to watch them again. This amazes me because I used to be able to watch things over and over and over again. I guess I would just have something on while I was doing chores or cooking dinner. Now, I attend to a baby and don't want to introduce that much TV watching to him. Really, though, I don't find I have a need to have myself distracted when I'm with my baby. He's enough as it is.
Husband and I sat in our hot tub last night, and just as I said I needed to go inside because I was turning into a prune, he spotted a shooting star. August is the season for shooting stars, so we sat a little longer to see what we could see. I saw 2 shooting stars, and he saw 2 more. Husband shared (to my shock) that he had never seen a satellite before. I pointed out 2 as we continued to soak. I'm glad we have our hot tub in our backyard, and that we live far enough away from big lights so that we can see the starry sky, even though husband pays for it with a long commute every day to work. We don't know where we'll eventually end up, but we do want to stay put once the kids start school. For now, we're content with where we are.

No comments: