Thursday, August 9, 2007

Waiting for the mail

My mother just gave us a six-month gift subscription to Netflix. We do not subscribe to any cable or satellite service, so the idea of having new movies or TV shows to watch is very exciting. Today, I find myself anxiously waiting for the mail woman to come. It seems that on days when I am not expecting any new movies, but rather, I have something that needs to be mailed, she comes by 10am. However, when I am expecting my Netflix, I'm lucky if she delivers by 2:30pm. I tell myself that it's okay that she's 4 hours late, because maybe she was waiting for my Netflix movies to ensure that they would be delivered today and not tomorrow. This thought calms me down, but I still find myself looking out the window every 10 minutes or so to she if she's come. Today, I'm lucky because someone else has put something in their mailbox to be picked up, and so the little red flag on their mailbox is standing at attention announcing that the mail is still not here. If it were not for that little red flag, I'm sure I would be toting my baby out to the mailbox every half hour just to check the mail. I NEED to see the next episode of Grey's Anatomy!! I started watching the series on TV (we have an antenna that gets the 3 network channels) this past season (season 3). Now, I am going back to watch seasons 1 and 2. I am in the middle of season 2. My husband is waiting for the next episode of Firefly to come, and we're both waiting for the movie Breach. I'll let you know how we like each movie/show in upcoming posts.

No comments: