Monday, August 27, 2007

We're Not in Moscow Anymore (read previous post first)


WinCo opened at 9am this morning. Baby and I showed up at the parking lot of WinCo at 11:20am and waited 20 minutes for one of the five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred parking spaces. Well, whatever, I told myself. At least we were in the AC and I was getting baby out of the house. We got to the front entrance of WinCo where the managers gave us a WinCo bakery hat (pictured) and told me that it was an HOUR WAIT at the check-out lines. HOLY COW!!! I'm SO glad they told me this (they weren't telling everyone, I think they just told me because they saw I had a baby). I would have been BOILING to find such a long wait at check-out after collecting my groceries. I was pretty sure that baby had missed his morning nap, and therefore, decided that we would just take a stroll through the store. Babies and long waits don't mix.

What are all these people doing at MY WinCo? Doesn't the management know I'm a veteran WinCo shopper? Can't they move me to the head of the line? I have a baby! Being the loyal WinCo shopper that I am, I felt the adrenaline rush through my veins to see that the set-up of the store was very similar to my WinCo back in Moscow. I would know where everything is. The price tags have the same font as they always have. It even seems as if the same person was hired to do their hand-written sale signs. And, WinCo still has the best prices, without having to cut coupons or use a club card. "I'll be back," I told my new WinCo. "It may be at 6am in the morning, but I'll be back."

No comments: