Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Book Review - 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber

74 Seaside Avenue, book number seven in the Cedar Cove series, is more of the same. The reading is pleasant enough, but the character development is shallow. Why do I keep reading you ask? I don't know. I think part of it is a hope that maybe, just maybe, Macomber will go deeper with just one of the characters. It's an unfounded hope. Part of it may be that I have an unhealthy obsession with her books - I can't explain it.

Book number eight in the Cedar Cove series comes out in September, and Macomber's contract includes book number nine. I can't imagine it going on and on from there. Let's hope not. I can imagine it would just be the creation of more characters that aren't fully explored, which is unfortunate because I believe Macomber has a talent for creating interesting and likable characters.


I'm happy to report that I have just ordered four books from the library from four different authors I've never read before! I'm branching out!

No comments: