Saturday, April 5, 2008

Book Reviews - Books 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber

I've finished 204 Rosewood Lane, 311 Pelican Court, 44 Cranberry Point and 50 Harbor Street, books 3, 4, and 5 in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Series. 204 Rosewood Lane has been my favorite so far. 311 Pelican Court was okay. 44 Cranberry Point was my least favorite, followed by 50 Harbor Street, simply because I was not that into the main characters of each book. The main characters each debuted in the first books of the series as secondary characters, and I preferred them to stay that way. I found I was forcing myself to finish reading the chapters about the main characters so I could hurry up and get to the following chapters about the other characters I like more. I am amazed by Macomber's ability to come up with completely new characters with no duplicity of traits (like I've seen in Susan Wiggs' books, where several of the main characters in different books were red heads with green eyes and freckles and named Kate).

But, overall, I really like this series (hence why I haven't posted in a while - as you can probably guess, I'm read all the Macomber books I have at home and am waiting for more at the library).
I'm currently reading Karen Kingsbury's book Someday, and it is definitely not as addicting as Macomber's books, which is probably good.

No comments: