Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Flowers

My backyard is huge and it's filled with rock. On purpose. I call it Amature Landscaping At Its Worst. We haven't done anything with it since moving here two years ago because it just seems so overwhelming. And expensive. There's so much to do.

So this year, I decided to focus on the deck. Even our deck is huge, but it will be much more manageable than the whole back yard. This weekend, I added some potted flowers. Not wanting to spend a lot of money, I just did a few flowers but it already makes a big difference on the deck.

On the list to do is to move Babycakes' sandbox, get the picnic table from Grandma's house and re-finish it, do something with the old table chairs we currently have out there, and move the two wood piles at the end of the deck. My goal is to have all this done by Memorial Day. Hopefully I'll be able to show you the finished deck by then. But for now, here's a picture of my flowers. They give me hope for my deck.

No comments: