Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tiddleywinks' Potato Salad

As an avid recipe follower, I've always wondered when a recipe becomes my own. How many changes do I have to make to it before I call it "Tiddleywinks' Potato Salad"? I'm still not sure of the official answer to that, but I've made lots of changes to the original Best Foods Mayonnaise recipe for potato salad to call it my own, so here it is:




(Not the best picture, but I didn't have long since hubby was eagerly waiting to wolf down some potato salad.)

1 cup Best Foods Light Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups cooked, peeled, and cubed potatoes
2 medium dill pickles, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
Chopped fresh dill

Combine and mix the first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix together and enjoy!

I recommend making a double batch because it's so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.....it sounds real close to my recipe.....I add dijon mustard; omit the sugar and use white pepper. I also use light mayo...Yum......SMA

Kelley Taylor said...

Yes, I used to put regular mustard and 1/2 cup onions in it as well, and we liked it that way, but recently I forgot those two items, and we decided we still like it, and I figure without the onions, there's less chopping to do!