Friday, May 16, 2008

Brand Names

Hubby is a picky eater. He will not eat casseroles, except Kimi's Tator Tot Casserole. This actually works just fine for me, because I don't eat casseroles either. He doesn't really like stir-fry or stews, and I can't get him to eat a quesadilla. He absolutely will not eat any noodle dish with a white sauce or homemade Macaroni and Cheese (much to his mother's chagrin). He wouldn't even wolf down the Muddy Buddies I made last week! If I am making spaghetti and ... oops, we don't have spaghetti noodles, just penne noodles - the whole thing is off. Me - I don't care. I figure it's the same pasta in a different shape. But, it matters to hubby. He has a good nose and can tell whether I’ve used Best Foods Mayonnaise or Kraft Mayonnaise. He can tell whether it was light or regular mayonnaise. If I put the cocktail sauce in a clear bowl, he can tell whether or not it’s Skipper’s brand. This makes is very difficult to fudge things if perchance I forgot to purchase the right kind of sauce (or noodle) at the store. The whole meal is off if we don’t have the right kind of sauce.

Hubby is all about the right brand, especially when it comes to sauces. Hubby is big on sauce. Hubby even said this last weekend, “I want something with ketchup…what should I have?” That need for ketchup prompted this meal: Grilled Onion Burger with Cheese (his own creation) and homemade French fries based off a Cooking Light recipe (but hubby omitted the garlic).

*Note, that on the left piece of bread, hubby put the mustard in a smiley face for my picture.
*Here’s the exception – hubby doesn’t care about mustard, it can be any cheapo brand.


Here are the DELICIOUS fries.

To help myself, I’m making a list of what brands hubby likes.

The most important one is: Taco Bell Hot Sauce (note, this is only sold at Safeway – at least around here).

Cardini’s Caesar Dressing

Wishbone Italian Dressing

Heinz 57 Ketchup

Kraft BBQ Sauce

San Francisco Sour Dough Bread

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese - the Delux version

Best Food’s Mayonnaise

Skipper’s Tartar Sauce

Skipper’s Cocktail Sauce

Tillamook Cheddar Cheese

Well, it sure seemed like there were more things he was picky about; maybe I’m not remembering them all right now…I might have to do an addition to the list if I think of more.

No comments: