Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Your Opinion is Needed


This dress is for my brother-in-law's wedding in late June. I have been asked to read a poem at the wedding, so suddenly, my dress is of the utmost import. It's an evening wedding, so I wanted a long dress, but there just weren't any that worked for me (they were too senior prom-ish). So, I went with short dress, which brings my question - what color of nylons should I wear? These are not necessarily the shoes I will wear, they are just what I already have. What do you think of the shoes? I would like it better if they didn't have the chunkiness to them, but I've never walked in stiletto heels before. I think I want to stick with a strappy shoe.


I also got myself some more hair from an Asian lady in the mall who didn't speak a licketysplit of English. She also sold me on the two decorations that are in my hair. The hair cost almost three times as much as my dress! But, I don't think I'll regret it. Now I can be confident up there reading the poem.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Woo Twoo!! You look REALLY HOT!! I mean it.

When I wore a knee length black dress for the wedding two summers ago, I wore black nylons. But I am by NO means a fashion expert so please don't count my opinion as carrying much weight.

Here's my dress (I was six months pg with Seth at the time) and black nylons and strappy flats.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/Whistlererin/DSC02628_smile-1.jpg

Erin said...

Oh, your hair looks FABULOUS too! Thumbs up on that. :)

Kelley Taylor said...

Thank you Erin - it's all about the right pose. I have 12 other shots that don't look so hot.

I love your dress (and you made it right?). I'm assuming your nylons were really light black? I like those kind.

Erin said...

You know, the picture looks like I wore tan nylons. Oh dear. I was pg at the time and I remember NOTHING from that year I was pg. Hubby says we watched "Ocean's Twelve" then but I cannot remember a thing from that movie. Weird.

Good thing I have a photographic record. I guess whichever color of nylons you choose will probably look super!

Oh, yes, I made the dress because I couldn't find a maternity formal anywhere to buy. I wonder if it would still look good on me now? Like it might hang okay for non-maternity? But maybe not...

Nicoly said...

NO NYLONS! It's a summer wedding and formal or not, don't wear nylons. Just shave your legs, work on a nice tan and MOISTURIZE! ;^)

Kelley Taylor said...

Nicole - no nylons, even though it's an indoor evening wedding? I will be coming straight from Hawaii - but legs are the hardest to tan...
I saw a lady the other day in Costco with a cute skirt on, and she looked so nice, and I noticed, she was wearing nylons! We'll see, though, with raising Ethan, I usually have some sort of ugly bruise on my legs from bumping into things. (Can I blame that on Ethan?)