Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pebbles


Because I had bought marshmallows to make the Marguerites I saw that there was a recipe on the back of the marshmallows that called for chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallows. You know I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter together, and my new relationship with marshmallows is blossoming nicely, so I thought - why not?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pebbles (courtesy of Hy-Top brand marshmallows)
~One 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
~1 cup crunchy peanut butter
~38-40 regular marshmallows
In a large saucepan melt chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir together until blended. Cool chocolate peanut butter mixture about 5 minutes. Add marshmallows and stir until they are well coated. Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper covered cookie sheets. Refrigerate for several hours until firm.

These are simply delicious. Even my little guy thought so. That's his hand in the picture - helping himself. He knows he had to take one now before Mommy eats all the snack. He's a wise child. This is my new favorite snack, it's even good enough to replace Muddy Buddies, which I've made a batch every week since I first posted about Muddy Buddies. I call it the dessert diet. I ate almost all the chocolate peanut butter marshmallows in place of dinner last night. (But, in all fairness, I did only make a half batch, and I gave up two of them to my in-laws who happened to drop by, and Ethan had two at the most.)
Is there any chocolate on my face?

No comments: