Sunday, December 14, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Two-Tone Fudge


This two-tone fudge is pure sin. You have to make it! My mother made this fudge for every holiday growing up, and I have never tried to make it before because I was scared away by the amount of sugar in it. I've never made any fudge recipe before. I had to call my mother three (or maybe four) times yesterday while making the fudge to clarify what I was doing. Thanks Mommy - you were a great support. So, here I have typed up the recipe with lots of details for you.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Two-Tone Fudge
4 ½ cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 cup unsalted butter
1 – 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla, divided

Line a 9x11” jellyroll pan with waxed paper. Combine the sugar and evaporated milk in a large saucepan (3-4 quarts suggested). While stirring the entire time, heat sugar mixture on high until it boils, reduce heat (to keep from boiling over) and keep boiling for 8 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add butter and marshmallow cream to the sugar mixture and stir until smooth.

Into a large bowl, pour half of sugar mixture over chocolate chips and 1 tsp. vanilla. Into a second large bowl, pour the other half of sugar mixture over the peanut butter and 1 tsp. vanilla. With electric mixer, beat the mixture with the chocolate chips until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into jellyroll pan. Set in fridge for 10 minutes. This will be the bottom layer of the two-tone fudge.
Clean beaters and beat the peanut butter-sugar mixture until well combined. Pour peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate mixture that has already set in the fridge for 10 minutes. For best results, let set in the refrigerator for 24 hours or overnight before cutting. Store in refrigerator in air-tight container.

*I suggest getting everything out ahead of time so you don't waste time as the fudge mixture needs to stay warm/hot enough for you to smooth it out into the jellyroll pan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!
It looks wonderful Kelley. I want to grab a piece!!
Congratulations on your first fudge!

Love MOM

Jana said...

We are going to have to make this one! It looks so yummy! In fact, I got the rest of the ingredients this evening. Matt had already made a regular chocolate fudge.

Kelley Taylor said...

But Jana, I was going to off load some of my fudge onto you! (-;

Jana said...

I haven't made it yet, if you would like to give us some you still can. :) (By all means you don't have to)