Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weight Watchers Update

My weekly weigh-in today showed that I lost 1.2 pounds! Woo hoo

Last week at Weight Watchers, they told us about Storeyboarding (which basically means naming the baby-steps necessary to accomplish an ultimate goal). So, my ulitmate goal is to make Weight Watchers Lifetime membership. My first baby-step was to start counting points without worrying about restricting myself. This was hard to do at first. I did not want to face the facts of how much I was eating. It turns out that I was eating about double what I should be if I want to lose weight. Despite this, I still managed to lose that 1.2 pounds, for which I am very thankful.

This week, I am focusing more on trying to not eat so much, but if I do eat more than my daily allotment of points (like I did yesterday), then I am not going to freak out and give up, I'm simply going to go on and be glad of the fact that at least I counted my points.

I find I eat a lot for several reasons, and one of them is tiredness. This happened yesterday. My baby girl was not sleeping for more than 10 minutes at a time yesterday afternoon, so I needed to be awake and alert enough to hold her, but I was SO tired. So I ate to help keep me awake. Not sure what to do about this one. Well, I guess I could have made better food choices - like watermelon instead of Muddy Buddies. Live and learn.

No comments: