Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strawberry Picking


My Little Guy loves to pick my strawberries at home and he often picks the green ones (the stinker), so I thought it would be a good idea to take him to a strawberry patch where he could pick strawberries to his heart's delight. Here's the fruit of our labors.
I made a dairy-free strawberry and chocolate "milk" shake. It was DELICIOUS! (And no, I didn't count the Weight Watchers POINTS.)

The strawberries needed to be used right away, so I used a lot of them to make a double batch of strawberry sauce. I will use some of the sauce for a topping of the cheesecake I'm going to make for Fourth of July. This strawberry sauce was simple:

Boil 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water for 12 minutes. Then add 2 cups crushed strawberries and boil for one minute. Chill.

No comments: