Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Got to Meet Author Linda Nichols

Local author, Linda Nichols, spoke at my church today. She is the author of The Handyman (movie rights purchased by Steven Spielberg) and several Christian fiction books. I have read The Handyman, which was a really cute romance, and am now reading In Search of Eden, one of her Christian fiction books. I got to hear Linda's personal story, which is quite interesting. I look forward to reading more of her books.

Several of my favorite authors live within a couple hours of me (Debbie Macomber, Susan Wiggs, and Karen Kingsbury). I think I might make it a goal to meet all of them. Debbie Macomber is having Cedar Cove Days in Port Orchard, Washington (the town she based her Cedar Cove series on). I'm trying to decide whether it's worth dragging my kids there or not. My little girl is nursing and won't take a bottle yet, so I feel like I'm chained to her. We'll see!

2 comments:

Nicoly said...

Kelley, Port Orchard is just 15-20 minutes past my house...not that far!

Kelley Taylor said...

That encourages me! Just yesterday and today she has started to suck a little bit from the bottle and doesn't seem so repulsed by it.