Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Book Review: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I have not seen the movie, but now that I have read the book, I can't wait to see it. I very much enjoyed the book, and I hope the movie can live up to my expectations. Has anyone seen it?

Whenever time travel is involved in a book or movie, I have lots of discussions with my hubby as to how it all works. I keep coming back to the same bottom line: time travel isn't possible. Niffenegger takes her own liberties in defining her time travel world, and I think it works.

I really loved the characters of Claire and Henry, and even though I new he would die in the end (that's not really a spoiler, is it? Doesn't everyone eventually die?) I still enjoyed the book. Definitely go read it!

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I tried to read the book and didn't get very far. Maybe I will pick it up and try again sometime. It was a little too cumbersome for me with all the age changes and time changes going on. I haven't seen the movie...yet! I want to though.

Cottage Mommy said...

I loved the book and actually read it because I saw a preview of the movie in the theater. The movie was really good especially if you have read the book. My Mom saw it without reading the book and she just didn't get it and thought it was silly. Books as a rule are always better than movies though...