Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 107 - The Pioneer Woman

I got to meet The Pioneer Woman yesterday at a book signing for her cookbook.
After driving and hour and a half to the big city, I arrived at the bookstore at 4pm, an hour before the signing started and was given a signing ticket. I was in group F.
They started lining up group A at 4:30, and did not call group F until 7:15pm! Luckily this was a really cool bookstore and it had 5 restaurants in a food court-type setting and we were able to sit and wait until 7:15 when group F was called. With all that food to eat, I choose to have a cookies 'n cream milkshake for dinner! It was yummo! I went by myself to the book signing, but met a friend, Pam, and we talked for the whole 5 hours while we waited for our 30 seconds with Pioneer Woman.

A member of the book store staff takes your camera and takes your picture for you, so here I am with PW! I wish I had said something witty and clever, but I didn't say much -guess I got stage fright. Ree really is beautiful in person. She even adjusted her camisole right in front of me. I'm glad she felt we were close enough that she could do that! LOL.

Once group F was called at 7:15pm, five of us ladies formed a group and talked, which really helped the time pass quickly. We were in this line for an hour and a half, until 8:45pm when we got to meet PW.

Love to you, Ree!

Here's my new friend, Pam with PW. I'm so thankful I had her to talk to the whole time! All in all, I left the house at 2:30pm and got home at 10:15pm! A long day, but it was worth it.

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

What a completely fun adventure! I wish I could have joined you Kelley. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Paula said...

Very fun! I had no idea there would be so many people and that you would have to wait so long. It was obviously worth it and something you'll always remember!

Erin J said...

You're famous! What a fun day. :)