Thursday, January 13, 2011

Frozen Berries and Peaches - Project 52

I'm not sure if this will be my official food shot for the week, but I wanted to take a picture of something without baking something that I would eat within 24 hours. So here's a healthy treat that I got to eat after trying to make a good photo of it. I learned a couple new tricks in Photoshop to help with the lighting. It is very dark here and food photographers usually use natural light, so I actually went outside to take this shot. It's a very gray day here, and below is my straight-out-of-the-camera shot:

I still have lots of trouble with the composition of the picture and setting up a delicious looking shot as far as what pretty napkin or plate would enhance the picture. Lots to work on. I was inspired by a food photograph  I saw in Pioneer Woman's Food Photography contest. Here's a link to Whisk Kid; I've browsed it today and have found excellent photos (and I have the same camera equipment as her), delicious recipes and good writing.

No comments: