Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ribbon Sandwiches - Project 52 Week 11

I'm not 100 percent satisfied with this picture, due to the lighting, but I only had about 2 minutes to take the picture before I took this tray to my Ladies' Bible Study. And the sandwiches we so delicious, there were hardly any left afterwards for me to take a picture of then.

This was my first time making ribbon sandwiches. I was inspired by my Grammy who gave me the recipe for the cheese filling, and then with my mom here, she inspired me and we took it a step further and added a ham filling. 

Recipe adapted from Everday Insanity.
Ribbon Sandwiches
Golden Cheese Spread
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Bon Appettie
Mix well

Ham Salad Filling
2 cups ground cooked ham (I use my food processor)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup minced celery
2 Tablespoons sweet pickles, minced
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mix well


Additional Ingredients
3 loaves of bread. I used sourdough (2 loaves) and a wholegrain (1 loaf).
At least one stick of softened butter

To make sandwiches, use 3 slices of sandwich bread. Butter one side of each slice, spread about 2 tablespoons of ham salad on one slice, 2 tablespoons of cheese spread on another and top with the third slice of bread. Trim crusts off each sandwich stack. At this point I put the sandwich stacks in plastic wrap. They can be refrigerated for a few days. To serve, slice each stack into three ribbons. This makes about 15 sandwich stacks or 45 ribbons.

No comments: