Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oatmeal Apple Muffins - Project 52: Week 30

I've been reading Plate to Pixel by Helen Dujardin and it is very inspiring.

Helene's pictures are beautiful and she tells a story with them, which is what I've tried to do here. There's some sort of focus problem with my muffin that's cut open - better luck next time. Something else new that I learned from Helene's book was to change my white balance settings. It's ALWAYS cloudy where I live, so I changed my white balance to cloudy and it added a warm tone to my photos without sacrificing exposure.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, no I hadn't seen this one. I like the close up uncut one. The oats seem to 'stand up!'

Life Images by Jill said...

oh I am so glad you have this book! I have too! and I love it! and have learned so much from it. She is so inspiring and I follow her blog and Flickr pages. What a wonderful book and for her to share her techniques and tips with us! I just wish I could go to one of her classes!
You have done a wonderful job with the muffins.
cheers
Jill