Sunday, August 28, 2011

Garlic - Project 52: Week 34

Finally! A food photo that doesn't require me to eat it afterwards! And cheap too. I took inspiration from Michael Ray's Photography. I am in awe of all his food photos, so I set out to recreate one of his shots as a way to learn. I would have never shot food with this harsh lighting and shadows, but I found it worked really well for the garlic. I think the harsh lighting goes well with the monochromatic garlic to make an interesting picture.

1 comment:

Life Images by Jill said...

I haven't looked in on you for a while, so it is good to see you still continuing with your food photography - I have been too all year and loving it! Thanks for the link - it is great to see what food photographers are doing. I have found Flickr to be really fantastic for inspiration and learning this year.
You have done a good job with the garlic shot. Keep up the great work! and have a great weekend.
cheers
Jill