Friday, August 5, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad - Project 52: Week 31

This is a delicious salad that I've been making for years. Once I purchased my new china, I knew I had to make this salad for the beautiful white plates.

Ingredients:
2 bunches fresh spinach leaves (or 1 bag of pre-washed)
2 cups sliced strawberries
½ cup sunflower seeds (or substitute your favorite nut)

Dressing:
½ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1 Tablespoon minced red onions
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup cider vinegar

Instructions:
Combine spinach, strawberries and seeds in a bowl and toss. Combine dressing in a microwaveable-safe bowl and heat for three minutes or so until sugar is dissolved. Toss with salad and serve.

1 comment:

Life Images by Jill said...

well I have never heard of combining strawberries and spinach in a salad, but it sounds delicious so I will definitely have to try this out this summer.