Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Books: The Hunger Games

I can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to reading The Hunger Games series, but there you go. I've finally read the first book and can't wait to get my hands on the second one. Now I have to wait for my husband to finish book number 2, Catching Fire, before he can send it from his electronic reader to mine. As many of the reviews have said, this book is addicting and has non-stop action. I told my husband, "Why couldn't we read addicting stuff like this when I was majoring in English?" It would have been so much more interesting than what I pretended to read for my English Literature classes. 

3 comments:

Paula said...

Oh how funny! I'm already on #3 and love it too. The first one was offered as FREE on my Kindle but it took me forever to start it. It wasn't until someone posted on FB that there was going to be a movie that I got interested and started reading.
Enjoy!
Mom

Kelley Taylor said...

Even my mom is ahead of me on this! Glad you like the books.

Jeannette said...

Our entire family read the series over the summer and loved it. We can't wait for the movie, although we can't imagine it will be anywhere near as good as the books. Enjoy the second and third books. I thought they were ALL amazing. I loved every one of them.