Monday, January 2, 2012

Caramel Sauce - Project 52:12 Wk 1

IMG_0715-ps

This is Pioneer Woman's Easy Caramel Sauce, which I've made and photographed before, but it's SO delicious and SO easy, I had to make it again. This time I didn't have half and half like the recipe calls for, but I had whipping cream, which also works. I read that you can substitute higher fat dairy products, like whipping cream, which has about 35% fat, for lower fat dairy products like half and half, which is 12% fat.

Easy Caramel Sauce:

  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
  • 1/2 cup Half-and-half (I used whipping cream)
  • Pinch Of Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
Mix butter, brown sugar, half & half, and salt in a saucepan over medium low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until thicker. Add vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off heat and pour sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, where's my spoon??!!! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your caramel sauce up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html