Thursday, February 23, 2012

Monster Cookies - Gluten Free

IMG_0642-ps

Monster Cookies have everything my heart desires. Peanut butter? Check. Mini M & Ms? Check. Mini Chocolate Chips? Check. Yep, it's a match made in heaven.

I slightly adapted this recipe which was given to me by my husband's Great Aunt Betty. She made these cookies for a get-together and when I said I couldn't have them because I can't eat gluten, she surprised me by saying they have no flour in them. So I helped myself to the cookies and the rest is history. Note: if you have to strictly avoid gluten, make sure to use gluten-free oats.

1 stick butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
¼ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup peanut butter
2 ¼ cups old fashioned oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup mini M & Ms

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cream butter and sugars
  3. Add egg, vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and peanut butter
  4. Mix well until smooth
  5. Add oats
  6. Mix well, scraping side of bowl
  7. Add chocolate chips
  8. Mix again
  9. Add M & Ms
  10. Mix
  11. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. (I like to use a baking mat or a cookie sheet lined with parchment.)
  12. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes
  13. Let cool on cookie sheets about 3 minutes before removing to cooling racks. 
Makes about 60 cookies (depending on how much of the dough you eat!)

3 comments:

dream-about-muffins said...

I love this cookies, but in Poland we don't have chocolate chips :(

cheers

Kelley said...

No chocolate chips in the whole country? What a tragedy! I suppose you could chop up your own chocolate into chunks.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh these look amazing! I am new to your blog and am so glad I found it!!