Saturday, February 11, 2012

Salmon and Spinach Salad

IMG_0470-ps
I've posted about this recipe before, but it's so pretty and delicious I have to do it again. My kids liked the salmon as well. My 5 year-old said, "This SPAM is good!"

This time I've cooked the salmon in a skillet because it's winter and I don't want to BBQ outside like the original recipe suggests. It was just as good. It was also good to see my picture from almost 2 years ago compared to the one from today. I think I've improved!

Salmon and Spinach Salad
Vinaigrette:
¼ cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ teaspoon honey mustard
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
Salad:
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 Tablespoon butter
1 (6-ounce) package fresh spinach
4 oranges, each peeled and cut into 6 slices

1. To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle lemon juice over fillets, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons pepper. Cook salmon until done about 5 minutes each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. (I used fillets with no skin.)  
4. Add spinach to vinaigrette in bowl; toss well. Place 2 cups spinach mixture on each of 4 serving plates; arrange 1 fillet and 6 orange slices on top of greens. Yield: 4 servings
IMG_0471-ps-1

1 comment:

MyFudo™ said...

A complete meal in one package...Light, refreshing and oh so delicious. Have i mentioned, this is easy to prepare too? Couldn't ask for more...Well, perhaps, another serving ;)