Monday, June 25, 2012

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Crisco’s Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies (slightly adapted)

¾ stick Crisco Baking Sticks (Butter-Flavored or regular)
1 ¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Heat oven to 375°F.

Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.

I omitted the nuts that the recipe says are optional. I think nuts in cookies are an abomination, so I can’t even write it into the recipe as optional. But what you will enjoy instead is that WHOLE 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips in your cookies. Also, if you opt for the chewier cookie, I suggest letting them cool on the baking sheet for the 2 minutes as suggested, then removing them to a sheet of foil placed on the counter. This will ensure your chewy cookie doesn’t fall through the cooling rack. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Amber Drummond said...

I found this recipe in one of my Mom's cookbooks. When I got married I started making them, and they have been a HUGE hit ever since. (I actually made them today for a church dinner- we didn't have many left.) These are my most favorite chocolate chip cookies- ever!